Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sabbatical

Rebecca at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs

Just got back from a mini summmer vacation.

Our President Junior W. Bush just broke Ronald Reagan's all time presidential vacation record, so I don't feel so bad about taking the time off. Bonzo did it in 8 years but W "stayed the course" and "achieved victory" in a little over half that time.

I'm proud of an evangelical president who really understands the value of a good long sabbath. I expect him to introduce legislation soon that will give all workers Thursday through Sunday off to celebrate the Lord's Day.

Mini-Recap

Andrew and I messed around for a couple of days bowling and throwing discs and hanging out.

Then Rebecca and I went on a two day trip up to Salida, one of my favorite mountain towns, followed by a short stop in Colorado Springs--the home of the fundamentalist Focus on the Family and the surprisingly unassuming US Olympic Training Center.

After that I got on my own for three days of peak bagging and mountain biking in Central Colorado.

We did a family finale at Dillon Lake today and had our first taste of fundy fast food.

Really nice time all the way around. I'm ready to get back to work.








Focus on the French Fries

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home