Saturday, March 12, 2005

Winning Spin

I'm guessing one of you signed me up for a Republican National Committee membership as an ironic joke. So thanks for the thought. I always get a little laugh when I run across my little plastic RNC membership card in my wallet.

Or maybe the RNC picked me out because of the marketing software they use. I'm religious and middle class and live in Colorado, so I guess I fit their target audience pretty well.

I just got my most recent mailing from the RNC. Sometimes there is no need for commentary. I've been getting this kind of message for a couple of years. Enjoy, and draw your own conclusions.

Dear Tom,

I don't want to believe you've abandoned the Republican Party, but I have to ask ... Have you given up?

Our records show we have not yet received your 2005 Republican National Committee membership contribution.

As the Treasurer of the RNC, I know our Party's success depends directly on grassroots leaders like you.

So I am surprised and concerned because I know how generously you have helped in the past and how instrumental your support was to our Party's historic victories in 2004.

I know other things come up, and perhaps you've just been delayed in renewing your membership. If that's the case, I understand.

But we've not heard from you this year -- and I hope you haven't abandoned the Party.

President Bush is counting on Republican leaders like you to help him with the tough challenges that lie ahead in his second term.

While we strengthened our majorities in Congress, the margin is still narrow -- and that means liberal Democrats will continue their delay and fillibuster tactics.

And that's why your 2005 RNC membership renewal contribution of $25, $38, or even $50 is urgently needed to give President Bush and the GOP Congress the resources they need to move our country forward.

Your support is important. The future of our compassionate conservative agenda is at stake.

President Bush has put forth a comprehensive plan of keeping taxes low and reforming our outdated tax code, continuing to provide for strong homeland defense and saving and protecting Social Security.

But as we learned during the President's first term, the Clinton/Kennedy/Kerry Democrats will obstruct and delay our agenda at every turn.

We cannot allow them to succeed!

We need your help to get our message out so we can bypass the liberal media filter with our own public outreach and communications.

It is also crucial we continue our efforts to build our Party from the grassroots up for the vital 2005-2006 elections.

So if you have delayed in renewing your membership because you feel the RNC has let you down or no longer needs you, please let me know. I need to hear from you.

But please don't turn your back on President Bush and our Congressional leaders who are counting on your help.

Just include your comments and suggestions with the enclosed Membership Confirmation and return them with your 2005 membership renewal check.

Please don't quit now! Renew your RNC membership today. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mike Retzer
Treasurer

P.S. Our nation is closely divided politically. We need the support of every Republican to provide the resources President Bush and the GOP Congress need to defeat the liberal Democrats and fully enact our agenda. Please don't give up now! Please renew your RNC membership today! Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home