Friday, April 28, 2006

Greens and Guzzlers

Fellow Hugger

I guess I'm ambiguously green.

I’m a tree trunk lover who drives a gas guzzler.

OK, maybe my Jeep isn't that bad.

Does 18 around town and 20 too with the pedal down. Not a Prius for sure but less in league with the devil than some moving metal can be.

Hey, it could be worse. Lots of people here do the 3 ton 10 mpg do.

I got green early in life. We're Sierra Club types. We recycle. We hike and plant trees. We punish non-Greens at the ballot box. And in spite of our current political leaders, I'm pretty confident our best tree hugging days as a nation are still in front of us.

But I also appreciate tools that work well in the right place at the right time. 4 Wheel drive in LA and NY may be a monument to certain male insecurities but at the right height it does make some sense.

Leased a Jeep when we moved to Colorado because it does such a nice job here. Punches through the ice and snow and gets me anywhere in a state with more dirt than paved roads. Wish I had a serious hybrid 4 wheel drive option but no such luck so far.

My lease is ending soon so I've gotta make a decision.

Go ideologically green?

Or stick with an Ice Cap melting, Osama bin Laden loving Jeep?

Shrub Bush says we've got an addiction.

Maybe it's time to start a 12 Step Program and break my Jeep jones for good.

Or maybe not :^)

3 Comments:

Blogger 3wishes said...

Hello Wordcat. Welcome to the "12-Steps to Enviromental Extremism" :^

12:47 PM  
Blogger Wordcat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Wordcat said...

As long as somebody else does all the pedaling I'm all for it...

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home