Saturday, September 30, 2006

A Certain Season

Trailhead View

Headed up to do some climbing Friday and mountain biking today. Good fall weather so thought I’d jump on it. Just got back.

I'll be 49 next week. Some extra incentive to get after it.

Did a 25 mile hike and scramble up Hallet Peak and back on Friday. Then hammered some cool stretches of rocks and roots today on the otherwise slippery smooth and hard packed Tipperary Creek Loop up in Winter Park.

Hallet Peak

I’m feelin’ sweet in my spirit. The mountains here are always beautiful but in a certain season and light they get past easy description.

On the other hand, I'm so sore I feel like Mike Tyson just worked me over. The young Mike Tyson. My blisters have blisters.

But hey, it was worth it. Gotta stand up once in a while for us old guys livin’ this first life on borrowed time :^)

2 Comments:

Blogger 3wishes said...

Thanks for the moment, oh to be in Ouray right now

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos and a better hike. I hope you recover quickly from the Tyson blows. I hope you have a great birthday next week.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home