Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bad Marriage

I’ll come back to the usual light weekend stuff tomorrow.

Thought this Bill Maher interview of David Kuo, the one time Bush White House deputy head of Faith Based Initiatives, was remarkable. Funny and sobering.

After the recent election I’ve lost some of my confidence that white evangelicals can get beyond the unholy marriage of Christian faith and right wing politics.

Kuo and Maher break it down prophetically in a way pastors and non-profit religious leaders should have been doing all along. Not as nuanced as it could have been, but prophetic straight shooting is rarely subtle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Meetings are Tuesday at my house...." I loved it! Bill Maher is a genius!
Ozymandias

7:54 AM  
Blogger Wordcat said...

Yeah, whatever you think of his politics or lifestyle, the guy is about as smart as they come in comedy.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home