Monday, January 29, 2007

That Was Fun

I’ve been doing Peaks and Pacific steadily for two years now.

I got into blogging as a guy pushing 50. So I knew from the start it would be a steep learning curve and a cross-cultural experience. It’s been both. In the best way :^) And a whole lot of fun too.

Trying to say something interesting or funny 6 times a week is hard to do in your spare time, though. I realized over the past couple of months that posting had begun to feel more like a chore than a joy. And though I’ve appreciated the big and growing bunch of you who read the blog regularly, I’m an extrovert who loves discussion. And that’s something that current blogging just doesn’t offer. I’ve never been a big fan of sermons or haiku length quips. Even my own :^)

And my changing responsibilities at work will require a whole lot more writing and creating of books, articles and various media tools, so I want to invest my creative energy there for the time being.

All that by way of saying, this will be my last Peaks and Pacific post.

I may pick up with P&P again in the future. More likely, I'll create a new site at some point. I’m thinking of trying an all humor/satire site sometime next year. Maybe with podcasting/videocasting elements added to mix. We’ll see. I’m going to leave P&P online, so you can check back from time to time for any updates or for new pics on my Flickr site.

Thanks so much to those of you who read regularly. And especially to those of you who mixed it up in the comments. I learned a lot and enjoyed getting to know some of you ‘from afar.’ Wish there were some way to have gotten the unusually thoughtful and interesting P&P readers together in the same room. Folks from six continents were reading P&P--that would have been a fun party!

In any case, I'll probably 'see' some of you in the comments sections on other blogs, so you'll still have to put up with my takes from time to time :^) Take care and God bless!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom,

I really enjoyed the blog. It was one of my daily readings. I entirely relate to your thoughts on the blog. I will miss your thoughts and engaging writing.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Samer Farhat said...

I too will miss your writing Tom. You have a gift of mixing humor with insight like few others. Blessings to you in your pursuits.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Awe man! Well while I am disappointed - maybe I will blog myself some more - Good Luck Tom and let us know where you WILL be writing so we can keep on reading.

1:55 PM  
Blogger 3wishes said...

So sorry to hear you have come down with a case of fulminating bloggitis!!! Hope you get better soon! Thanks for the insight, inspiration and humour. Hope to see some pics really soon. Take care!

2:53 PM  
Blogger TPB said...

As a representative of your faithful, yet non-commenting readers, I will miss reading your rants n' ritings.

But I, like many others, will keep your feed in my Google Reader, in hope that one day your heading will be BOLD yet again (literally & figuratively).

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I was just getting started as a regular...

I too will look forward to future publications and new venues for your writing. Thanks for the definite laughs and for making my brain have to work a bit :)

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings Tom, and I'm sure your thoughts, writings and satire will not cease with the pause in P&P. I look forward to your continued engagement!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so! No biting satire? No colorado color commentary? No Oprah, no Sadam? So sad...

9:17 AM  
Blogger jonathan said...

My most regular reading. It will be missed, although I will enjoy the extra time I'll have. ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Nasim Fekrat said...

cool, i like the posts...

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home