Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Mix

• My daughter Rebecca flew in today. She’s taking a year off from school at Stanford to work on an internship with Stanford Med School. Great to have her home.

• Saw the new Bond film. Can't figure out how it got a PG-13 rather than an R. I liked it. I read most of the Bond books when I was a kid and this is the closest thing to the original take I’ve seen. Bond comes away from his violent encounters thrashed, trashed and hospitalized. Survival of the fittest without a lot of idealistic cover. The more realism about violence--even in a Bond movie--the better right now.

• UCLA hoops coach Ben Howland knows what's what. The Bruins are ranked number one in the country. The program Howland built before he came to UCLA, Pittsburgh, is ranked number two.

• Bill Maher on hip hop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home