Friday, December 01, 2006

Most Extreme Missionaries

OK, last post of 2006 at the expense of Mormons or other self-respecting religious cults. No guarantees about 2007, though.
During this past week at P&P I've been resolving my issues about Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my damn door before 9 am on weekends wielding the friggin' Watchtower. :^)

This one’s for all my friends trying to do some extreme good in the hood.

Really funny Ozy named John Safran did the vid. Got onto him after watching his Borat-like guerilla satire on door to door 'atheist missionaries' going out on their bikes in twos trying to convert the good folk of Salt Lake City to Darwin and evolution. I guess turnabout's fair play....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you got Mormonism, which theologically is more akin to Buddhism than Christianity, you got Scientology which is more like Star Trek than anything else, and then you have Christian Science and Jehovah's Witnesses which I can't figure out at all. You've got wacko Christian churches like the Westboro Baptist Church, snake-handlers,
Which do you think is the most wacked-out?
Ozymandias

12:33 PM  
Blogger Wordcat said...

I'm a lot more sympathetic to all those people than I've probably seemed this week. I feel bad if that didn't come through. People are looking for some meaning.

You've got a lively marketplace of mythologies and theologies right now. From an evolutionary or capitalist point of view it's all good.

7:44 PM  
Blogger jonathan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home